1. How to open an account?
(1) Tiger Trade App> Open Account. Then follow instructions to open a Tiger Account.
(2) Official Website > Open Account. Then follow instructions to open a Tiger Account.
General Steps: Register Online > Complete Information > Upload Documents > Pending Approval
(1) Prepare supporting documents
(one document required from each of these categories)
Proof of Identity:
2. Australian Driver's License
Proof of Residential Address:
(These documents are required to be dated within 6 months. The name and address must match the information you provided in the application form)
1. Utilities Bills
2. Government-issued documents/statements
3. Bank Statement
(2) tigerbrokers.com.au or Tiger Trade > Click "Open Account"
(3) Complete required information
(4) Upload the supporting documents and click "Continue" once completed
(5) To improve your account security, please complete "Facial verification"
(6) Account application submitted successfully
1. How long does it take to open a Tiger Account?
→ The account will be opened within 1 to 3 business days after the account opening application is submitted. However, it may require more time for certain cases.
2. How can I know whether my account has been successfully opened?
→ After your account has been successfully opened, you will receive an SMS notification. Alternatively, you may log in to Tiger Brokers' official website to check your account opening status.
3. What will happen if I do not trade after successfully opening an account?
→ Your account will still be valid.
4. What is W-8Ben form?
→ Filling in the W-8 Form is a requirement by the US Inland Revenue Service for account holders to declare that the beneficiary owner of the amount received from US sources is not of US origin. For clients who want to trade the U.S. markets, they will need to complete this form. The form will remain in effect for a period starting on the date the form is signed and submitted and ending on the last day of the third succeeding calendar year. If a change in circumstances makes any information on the form incorrect, you must re-submit the appropriate form within 30 days of the change in circumstances.
Please contact your local customer service team should you have any further questions.
Phone: 02 9169 6999